Fluke 8588A Reference Multimeter and 8558A 8.5-Digit Multimeter Now Available
Featuring exceptional linearity, low noise, and stability
Quality Digest does not charge readers for its content. We believe that industry news is important for you to do your job, and Quality Digest supports businesses of all types.
USB host ports are placed both on the front and rear of the instrument to export data and install firmware updates. Ethernet, GPIB, or USBTMC are available on the rear panel to connect to a PC. Capacitance and RF power meter readout from Rohde & Schwartz NRP Series expands utility in calibrating multiproduct calibrators to improve laboratory productivity.
SCPI compatibility and emulation
The output terminals of the 8588A and 8558A light up to show which terminals are active, guiding the user to make correct connections.
All the connectivity you need
The 8588A and 8558A include common connectivity interfaces and precise triggering that let you digitize and transfer data to anywhere in the system for analysis, with minimal effort and the highest reliability.
• GPIB, USBTMC, and Ethernet allow industry-standard selection of remote interface.
• USB thumb drive enables quick and easy data transfer to PC in .CSV format.
• SCPI-compliant commands with 8508A and 3458A emulation mode simplifies and accelerates system upgrade process to 8588A/8558A.
• Fully supports MET/CAL calibration procedures library that commands the Fluke 8508A.
Debug and perfect your device under test
Usability designed for metrologists by metrologists
(Fluke Calibration: Everett, WA) — Voltage references and attenuators custom-crafted at Fluke Calibration are easy and intuitive to use, ideal for metrologists and calibration laboratory managers who expect a straightforward setup that quickly achieves maximum performance.
Our PROMISE: Quality Digest only displays static ads that never overlay or cover up content. They never get in your way. They are there for you to read, or not.
• 3.5 μV/V (99%), one-year relative accuracy, DC voltage, no internal self-calibration or auto adjustments
• 0.65 μV/V (99%), 24-hour stability, DC voltage
• 9 μΩ/Ω (99%), one-year, resistance
• 2.02x full scale, stretches lower noise floor to higher signal levels to maximize higher accuracies
• 0 ns to 100 s aperture setting allows the industry’s widest flexibility to control data capture window
The 8588A and 8558A provide full emulation of the Fluke 8508A Reference Multimeter, and command compatibility with the Keysight 3458A Digital Multimeter, ideal for replacing your older instrument.
The MET/CAL calibration management software advantage
So please consider turning off your ad blocker for our site.
Both 8588A and 8558A work with Fluke Calibration MET/CAL calibration software. With native MET/CAL support or using 8508A emulation mode, you can increase throughput up to four times that of traditional manual and multiproduct methods while ensuring calibrations are performed consistently every time. This powerful software documents calibration procedures and processes, for ease in complying with ISO 17025 and similar quality standards.
Accurate data, amazingly fast
The 8588A and 8558A feature a five mega-sample digitizing rate with up to 20 MHz analog bandwidth, the first and only instruments on the market that can characterize extremely low-level transient signals at 18-bit resolution. This capability makes it easier to debug designs, uncover anomalies, and perfect your devices under test.
• Voltage sensitivity to hundreds of nV and current sensitivity to hundreds of pA allow you to uncover ultralow-level transient signals.
• Up to 20 MHz bandwidth for voltage and 4 MHz for current retains high bandwidth content of the signal measured.
• 18-bit SAR analog-to-digital converter achieves five mega-samples per second for capturing complex, fast waveforms.
• 15 million readings memory allows large amount of data storage, eliminating the immediate need to transfer data to a PC.
Fast, reliable, and accurate system compatibility
Shorter test time enables you to increase throughput, improve yield, and realize a greater return on your investment.
However, someone has to pay for this content. And that’s where advertising comes in. Most people consider ads a nuisance, but they do serve a useful function besides allowing media companies to stay afloat. They keep you aware of new products and services relevant to your industry. All ads in Quality Digest apply directly to products and services that most of our readers need. You won’t see automobile or health supplement ads.
The 8588A and 8558A are the ideal lab multimeters, streamlining the measurement process while eliminating misunderstandings, with an easy-to-access user interface in eight languages. The intuitive graphic display shows trends, histograms, complex waveforms, and statistics so you can perform metrology tasks quickly.