Myths about costs
Cloud solutions are (always) cheaper than on-premises solutions, which is the main reason to move to the cloud.
So please consider turning off your ad blocker for our site.
However, someone has to pay for this content. And that’s where advertising comes in. Most people consider ads a nuisance, but they do serve a useful function besides allowing media companies to stay afloat. They keep you aware of new products and services relevant to your industry. All ads in Quality Digest apply directly to products and services that most of our readers need. You won’t see automobile or health supplement ads.
Myths about management
• Once you move to the cloud, the cloud service provider does everything for you.
• You can apply your existing policies and procedures to manage the cloud environment consistently with your on-premises environment.
Object Management Group’s Paper Debunks Cloud Myths
Base your cloud strategy on reliable information
The cloud myths discussed in this paper include:
• Myths about scope and applicability
• Everything should/will move to the cloud, and there is no reason to move back
• Cloud solutions are only for startups and small companies that don’t have an IT department
• Cloud computing is the same as software as a service (SaaS)
• Cloud services and hosted services are the same
Our PROMISE: Quality Digest only displays static ads that never overlay or cover up content. They never get in your way. They are there for you to read, or not.
Myths about exiting the cloud
Migrating out of the cloud is as straightforward as it was to migrate into the cloud.